Free Car History Check
Enter your vehicle’s reg number and get a free car history check for any UK vehicle.
We offer a total car check or a free overview of car checks, including stolen vehicles, outstanding finance, MOT history, and write-off claims.
Free Car History Check :
Why do you need a car history check?
When you buy a car, it is important to do a car check to make sure the vehicle is in good condition and has no hidden problems.You can do a car check by performing a free car history check, which will give you information about the car's previous owners, any accidents it has been in, and any other important information.
Vehicles were reported as stolen in 2022
Cars are reported as stolen per day
Used cars are listed as insurance write offs
Used cars are sold with outstanding finance
To do a car history check, you will need the vehicle’s registration number and you can check the car history check online. Once you have the car history check, you can review the car’s history and make sure it is the right car for you.
- Check Car Details – Make, model, color, first registered date.
- MOT history check- Notes on advisory and failure notices.
- Engine size and capacity.
- Fuel Type – Petrol, hybrid, diesel, electric.
- CO2 Emission.
- Euro Status.
- Last V5C issue date.
- Insurance Check – Check if your car is insured through askMID
- Stolen car check- From the Police National Database (PNC).
- Import/ Export status.
How can I get a free car history report?
There are a number of ways to get a free car history report. Many providers offer a reg check service, which will provide you with a detailed report on the car’s registration history.
You can use our free number plate checker. This allows you to enter the car’s number plate number and receive a report with information on the car’s history, including any accidents or stolen marker.
- Simply enter the vehicle registration number and click on search to view instant vehicle history.
- Our free vehicle history report will reveal free information, such as body style, colour, engine size, make and model, wheel plan, car’s make and model, body style, wheel plan, MOT & Tax due date, CO emission and much more.
- Our free report contains only basic vehicle information, whereas a premium report will provide a more detailed history.
Alternative for a free HPI check
Free Car History Check Online is one of the most reliable HPI check alternatives.An HPI car check can provide information on a vehicle to check whether it is stolen, has been written-off or has outstanding debt with a finance company. Buyers will be aware before purchasing a vehicle with any hidden issues.You may also see them called car history checks, used car checks, or reg checks. They provide vehicle history information similar to a HPI Car Check.
What does a standard reg check include?
Our car history check report includes information on write-offs, scrapping, plate and colour changes, stolen marker, outstanding finance and more.
The largest and most trustworthy number plate checker in the UK is our Free Car History Check Online. Our service allows you to enter the car’s number plate number to view instant vehicle history information.
- Car Number Plate History – Find out the number plate change history, which includes the plate registration number (VRM) it was changed to and from when .
- Stolen Car Check – Check if a car has been reported stolen by the Police National Database (PNC), and also by the MIAFTR (Motor insurance fraud and theft register).
- Insurance write-off (Total loss) – Check car write-off history and the total loss category ( A, B, C, D, S & N )declared by the insurance company recorded by MIAFTR. This includes loss date, and type.
- Vehicle Owner Check – Find out the number of owners a vehicle has had( as per DVLA), date of first keeper registration, last V5C issue date and ownership change date.
- Colour Change History – We will provide information for any colour change history which is updated by the DVLA.
- Scrapped Car Check– Our report will highlight if the vehicle has been scrapped or not and if recorded with the DVLA.
- Imported/Exported Status– Our report will tell you if a vehicle has an “import” or “export” marker by the DVLA.
- VIC Inspected– The VIC is applied only to cars and was intended to ensure that the vehicle registration certificate (V5C) was not issued for stolen or cloned vehicles using the identity of a destroyed vehicle.
- Vehicle Mileage Check– We will flag up if the vehicle has any mileage anomaly recorded from MOT tests. You should check if the odometer has been tampered with. Check real mileage data of a car!
- Engine Number – Ensure that the engine number matches with the one on the vehicle’s documents.
- VIN or Chassis – Make sure the VIN ( Vehicle identification Number) matches with DVLA records. This is vital before purchasing a vehicle to make sure it is not cloned or has any hidden history.
What is a full car check?
Choose our full car history check, which is the most detailed report and comes with a £30,000 data guarantee when you need the assurance to make your next car-buying decision.
One of the important information included in a full car check is outstanding finance data. This check gives you information if a vehicle has any outstanding debt, along with the finance agreement date, type, and period.
When buying a used car, it is essential to check if it has been declared a write-off. The category (A, B, C or S, D, or N) of write-off depends on the extent of damage, as determined by the insurance company.
Car Mileage Check
Import & Export Check
DVLA Mot History
It’s also important to consider whether the accident or damage leading to its write-off designation could affect its future performance and safety.
If you are in the market for a used car in the UK, it’s important to make sure you aren’t buying a stolen vehicle. It is best to check the car’s registration number against official databases (PNC), to know if it has been reported as stolen.
If the car’s number plate has been changed, that could be another indicator that it may have been stolen.
Our valuation report provides vehicles up to date market value based on mileage. It gives a 5-price band valuation which includes private and trade-in prices.
For your peace of mind, we offer a £30,000 data guarantee for all full car checks. No matter what vehicle you check, we’ve got you covered.
Frequently Asked Question
Vehicle registered keepers are responsible for insuring, taxing and maintaining the logbook and also must have a proper MOT. The car owner is the one who paid for the vehicle. The car owner can be a registered keeper in some cases.
You need to fill the form however it depends on;
1. Fill form V888/3 if the company issues parking or trespass
2. Form V888/2A request the keeper’s name and address
3. Form V888/2B request information about a vehicle
4. You can send requests to DVLA by email or post
Ready to Get Your Free Car History Check?
Don’t let the past haunt you. Get a free car history check for your next vehicle.